How Long Does It Take To Learn How To Drive?
Driving, an essential skill in normal life, we need to spend time learning and practicing. That means that each individual will require different time to be able to control a vehicle proficiently. So, How Long Does It Take To Learn How To Drive? The article below will give all of you a satisfactory answer.
How Long Does It Take To Learn How To Drive?
According to The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), it takes most learner drivers an average of 45 hours of professional lessons and 22 hours of practice. But in reality, how long does it take to learn how to drive? The answer is that you may spend 50 hours for lessons and 25 hours for driving practice.
Preparing well for the driving test
- We cannot guarantee that we will pass the driving test the first time, but prepare well to be able to help you take the test in the best way.
- Find the right instructor. Recommendations from your friends or people who have passed this driving test will help you a lot.
- Don’t take theory lightly. You need to pass both the theory test and the practice test in the driving test.
- Learn to Read Highway Codes. You will need this important knowledge for the theory test and to help you become a better driver on the road.
- Use the app. There are many great apps available that can help you drive better.
- Practice while learning theory. It will help reinforce and bring to life the driving knowledge you learn with your instructor.
- Trust yourself. Believe that you can do well in this important exam with what you have learned and accumulated.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. If you can’t pass the test the first time, learn from your mistakes and come back stronger the next time.
How To Get A Driving License in the US?
Is it difficult to learn to drive in the US?
Driving tests in the US are very difficult if we don’t take the time to practice. Therefore, in order to learn for the driver’s license exam easily, you should spend time reviewing the driving theory until proficient. As for practice, you should sit next to other people; watch how they drive, observe the road and signs for a time, then take the wheel later.
There are many individuals who have to take a practical driving course that costs about $400-500 from start to finish. Those who do not like to study with teachers can study with relatives.
To pass the driving test in the US, you need to note:
- From the age of 16 you can take the driving test in the US, but you must be accompanied by an adult when driving.
- People 18 years of age and older can drive alone.
Writing test (theory test) of a driver’s license in the US:
- When you are confident enough about the laws, traffic signs and traffic safety regulations, you can make an appointment with your nearest DMV by phone or online to register for a US driver’s license test.
- When taking the test, you need to present your ID/ passport/ green card or I-94 card (if you have a nonimmigrant visa).
- Submit driving license application form (original text) and pay the fee.
- Submit a portrait and have your thumb fingerprinted.
- Provide date of birth, social security number (SSN). If you do not have an SSN, you will need to provide a personal tax identification number.
- Tested to be able to drive.
- For the theory test, you need to complete at least 46 questions. You will pass this test if you get at least 39 correct questions or more. Usually, this period is not limited in time, so you should consider carefully before choosing an answer.
- You can take the test on paper or on a computer and answer the questions by choosing A, B, C, D (multiple choice). If you take the test on a computer, you will know your results immediately after you finish the test. If you take the paper-based test, your result will be sent to you when the DMV has finished processing.
- You will have 3 opportunities to take the test, if you fail again on the 3rd attempt, you need to wait 7 days to reapply.
Driver’s License Practice Exam (Behind-the-Wheel Drive Test)
- You will need to bring the Learner’s license to participate in the practical driving test.
- The car that you use in the test must be in good working condition such as good signal lights, brakes, horns and especially having car insurance.
- When taking the driving test in the US, a proctor will sit next to you and ask you to drive with a variety of skills including parking skills. If you make some minor mistakes, he can show you how to fix them on your next drive. This proctor will let you know the results right after the test is over.
- The test will take about 15 minutes each time. The total maximum score for the driving test is 100 points. You just need to get a score of 70 or higher to pass this test.
- Just like the theory test, you will have 3 opportunities to take the test, but each time you retake the test, you pay a fee of 6 USD.
- In some states like Virginia, you’ll get your driver’s license right away if you pass the test. However, in some other states like Texas, you will get a temporary driver’s license valid for 60 days.
- And usually, you will receive your official driver’s license in two weeks in the mail.
Driving test is not too difficult but also not easy if you don’t have good preparation for it. “How long does it take to learn how to drive?” is a common question for those studying for the driver’s license test and the answers and useful information related to the driver’s license test have been provided above. Hopefully it will help you to pass your upcoming driving test.