How to connect Samsung tv to Wifi without remote: Tricks for crucial times
Samsung smart TV offers its users lots of benefits like reading news, surfing Facebook, chatting on Skype. In order to do that, wifi connection is required. However, in order to do so, you need to have a remote. So what should you do if one day you lose your remote?
Don’t worry, TopCoupons.deals will lend you a hand with this “How to connect Samsung tv to wifi without remote” article. After this, you can kiss your remote goodbye since you will no longer have to use them anymore.
How to connect Samsung tv to wifi without remote? You can either download and install the mobile app or use other devices, like a keyboard and a mouse, which are available at every electronic store, to gain access to the wifi.
1. How to connect Samsung tv to wifi without remote: Using mobile app
First and foremost, in order to do this, it is crucial that your smartphone has already been connected to a wifi network. It will work with mobile data too, just make sure that your smartphone has internet connection.
Next, download “SmartThings” on your phone, this is a quick and easy managing app. It offers the ability to connect and control your smart devices just with your phone.
After finishing installing, open the app and then proceed to the next step. Which is registering Smart Things.
Even though Samsung will most likely register a default account for their buyers, we highly recommend you create an account for yourself. The process is simple:
- Step 1: Open Smart Things, choose Register.
- Step 2: Type in your full name, email address, your password and your phone number in the required fields.
- Step 3: You will be asked to confirm your email address, all you have to do is go to your inbox, copy the code in the mail sent to you and insert it in the app.
- Step 4: Login to the app with your new account.
Make sure to tick Remember Me for automatically log in in the future.
Once you have logged into Smart Things, it’s time to connect with your Samsung TV. Just simply follow these steps and you will be good to go:
- Step 1: Choose the Dashboard in Smart Things. Your TV should auto pair your device.
- Step 2: Click on the Remote button to turn your phone into the digital remote.
In case your phone didn’t recognize your TV, you should click on the Devices tab and choose Add New Device. Your phone will search and notify you with a popup confirmation, click on Connect and your devices will be paired up.
Finally, you can start connecting your Samsung TV with the Wifi:
- Step 1: In the Smart Things app, choose Remote
- Step 2: Click on the Menu button
- Step 3: Go to Setting and choose Wifi and Connectivity
- Step 4: Click on Enable and locate your Wifi
- Step 5: Enter the password for your Wifi and Connect
2. How to connect Samsung tv to wifi via keyboard and mouse
The second method in this “How to connect Samsung tv to wifi without remote” article is using keyboard and mouse.
But first, you will have to check for device compatibility, since not all mouse and keyboards can be compatible with your TV. Here is how to check:
Go to Guide => Devices => Mouse & Keyboards.
These are the 3 most potentially compatible mouse and keyboards: Logitech K750, K400 and K360, all of which are great for controlling and gaming. Hit two birds with one stone.
After checking for compatibility, you can start connecting your devices with your TV. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard are the most recommended, due to its mobility. You can use them from a distance.
Finally, you can start connecting to your Wifi. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Lone Button on your Samsung TV
- Step 2: Choose Input
- Step 3: Press on Live TV
- Step 4: Below Channel, click on Recommended
- Step 5: Choose Configure Network
- Step 6: Click on Router SSID and then enter your Wifi password.
Here are the answers to the question “How to connect Samsung tv to wifi without remote?”. Most users prefer using mobile app due to its convenience. However, an advantage of using mouse and keyboards is that you can do more than just connect wifi. You can surf Facebook or even play video games on your TV. So, the decision is yours. For now, thank you so much for reading. We hope you have a great day!!!